Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids? • "'Have you ever kissed someone? Missed someone? Told someone you loved them? Drank alcohol?"
Here's 40 questions for the people who are a little older...
1) What bill do you hate paying the most? My wife handles the bills.
2) Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? We don't have too many romantic dinners.
3) What do you really want to be doing right now? Playing an MMO.
4) How many colleges did you attend? Two. Michigan State University and I took a few classes at Henry Ford Community College afterwards.
5) How many did you graduate from? One.
6) Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? I like the design. Anthro Wolf/hunter with spear.
7) What are your thoughts on gas prices? They were down before the new year because the gas companies dumped their surplus so they wouldn't have to pay taxes. They will eventually go back up when that surplus is gone. I'm surprised they haven't gone up more yet. Also, the low gas is killing my solar stocks.
8) First thought when the alarm went off this morning? "Time to get up and play City of Heroes with my friends"
9) Last thought before going to sleep last night? "I'm tired."
10) Do you miss being a child? Yes and no. While I miss the care-free nature of childhood, I enjoy the freedom and range of activities that I get to do now that was denied to me as a child.
11) What errand/chore do you despise? Sorting and folding socks.
12) Get up early or sleep in? I get up around 7:15am. I'd muh rather sleep in.
13) Have you found real love yet? Yes.
14) Favorite lunch meat? Ham.
15) What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart? I usually don't go to walmart. But when I have I've usually bought clothes.
16) Beach or lake? I don't understand this question. Lakes have beaches and most beaches have lakes.
17) Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? No. The institution of marriage is important to me. I see it as a kind of rite of passage of sorts towards a complete adult life.
18) Sopranos or Desperate Housewives? I don't like either of those. I like sci-fi stuff better.
19) What famous person would you like to have dinner with? That is a tough one. Maybe the President. I have some ideas.
20) Have you ever crashed your vehicle? Yes, but it was only a minor incident.
21) Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? Not yet.
22) Ring tone? Tubular Bells (the theme from the Excorcist).
23) Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth? At work.
24) Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go? Tough one. San Francisco maybe? Silicon Valley? Rodeo Drive? I don't know.
25) Do you go to church? I'm not Christian, but I go to my ADF Grove's rituals. I even help plan them and sometimes run them.
26) At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship? New career.
27) How old are you? 41.
28) Do you have a go-to person? My wife Liz. After that, my twin brother Bob.
29) Are you where you want to be in life? Not yet. I would want to be more financially secure. I also want to be more creative and more prolific with my writing and art.
30) Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons? Kimba the White Lion, Speed Racer, Voltron. Event though it was live action, Land of the Lost.
31) What about you do you think has changed the most? I have matured a lot since I was a child. I'm not nearly as naive as I was, although I do tend to be rather optimistic. I have learned that limits are sometimes good as are boundaries.
32) Looking back at high school, were they the best years of your life? No, not by a long shot. I enjoyed college much more. I went to Renaissance High School in Detroit, a city-wide, honors, college-prep high school. I had to take the city bus to school most days and I can tell you that the Detroit buses really, really suck.
33) Are there times you still feel like a kid? Yes, all the time.
34) Did you ever own troll dolls? Never.
35) Did you have a pager? No.
36) Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager? At home. I was rather boring as a teenager.
37) Who do you think impacted your life the most? My parents, my wife, my Gods.
38) Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you? Mr. Rice, my homeroom teacher in middle school and also my lit and history teacher. He encouraged my writing and was a great support. Also Mrs Taylor from 2nd grade. She created a special grading section called Creative Writing just for my brother and myself. We would write and illustrate stories and then read them to class.
39) Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”? I'm starting to.
40) What is the last beverage you consumed? Mountain Dew Throw-back. Has sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup. Delicious.